Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Zombies, Run! Mission #9 "A Voice In The Dark" Recap

As I mentioned in one of my earlier blog posts I love it when I'm using Zombies, Run! and the lyrics of my music matches up to the situation that Runner 5 is experiencing. I wanted to share my experiences with mission number 9, "A Voice In The Dark." Those who care about the story not being spoiled, don't read this post! But watch the videos, because these songs kick ass. 

You hear a faint signal from Sam, who is calling out to you. He doesn't know where you are, or if you're even alive to hear him. All he knows is that you didn't get captured by New Canton, but that you haven't yet returned. It's the middle of the night - the most dangerous time to be out, and the area is swarming with zombies. If they reach Abel before you, the gates will be barred and you'll be left outside the Township with the zoms.
Sam tells you he'll keep talking, despite the fact that he may be talking to the zombie you've become. He muses about the effect of the apocalypse on the survivors. He comments that he can barely remember what "normal" feels like. He wonders about your life prior to the outbreak, and about whether ice-cream rolls were cake on the outside and ice-cream in the middle, or the other way around.

Paramore - Now


"Don't try to take this from me, don't try to take this from me now." 
"Feels like I'm waking from the dead and everyone's been waiting on me..."
"Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore...There's a time and a place to die, but this ain't it."
"If there's a future we want it, now." 

Oh my gooseberries, how does my iPod do it?! Sam contemplates the meaning of surviving and wonders if it's worth it if things will never be normal and Paramore's Now lyrics play in my ear. It doesn't matter what the devastation, if there's a future we want it!

Sam returns, having been chastised by Janine for leaving the comms shack to check about the composition of ice-cream rolls. He tells you that before the outbreak he was an engineering student. Though he hated the subject and had no aptitude for it, he studied it to please his parents. He confesses that some days he's grateful for the apocalypse, as it has let him do what he always wanted to - work in radio.
Sam thinks about his sister, who may or may not have survived the outbreak. She was studying law. His parents were very proud of her success, which made Sam jealous. He reluctantly admits that she's unlikely to have survived the plague. He muses about people from his past life whom he barely remembers, and wonders if anyone will remember you when you're gone.

Halestorm - Here's To Us


"Here's to us, here's to love, all the times that we fucked up. Here's to you, fill the glass. 'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass. So let's give 'em hell, wish everybody well, here's to us."

Reminiscing about people from your past while wishing them well? Let's pour a drink and toast to this perfect song by Halestorm.

Sam tells you that he's been advised to go to bed, and that they're losing hope in your safe return. He says you have little time to return to Abel before they have to bar the gates. He thinks that, if you don't have to be around to rebuild the world, you may be one of the lucky ones. At the last moment, Sam spots you heading towards Abel.
Sam has you on the scanners, and begs you to run for safety while the soldiers give you covering fire. Finally, you return to Abel.

Nightwish - End Of All Hope


"It is the end of all hope" 
"Angels they fell first but I'm still here, alone as they are drawing near."
"Wounded is the deer that leaps the highest."

This song was so awesomely epic to listen to when imagining myself running from a zombie hoard in the middle of night towards safety! 

And so ended my run! 


I even outrun a zombie mob!! What pissed me off was that it happened during my run through the busiest part of the park I run in. I had to peg it through a huge crowd! I felt like I was going to bump into some old person and send them flying! But I made it. 

Here's how my zombie base looks, it's full! I need to expand!!



I really want to upgrade my units but I need to always build something extra! So my next few runs will be dedicated to gathering the materials I need to expand my base. 




2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I'll have to check it out when I get fit enough to start running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Why wait? I was far from fit when I first started running. I couldn't run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die. I'm not even exaggerating! I ran for 1 minute then walked for 4 minutes. Over the weeks I would increase the minutes I ran and decrease the minutes I walked. Give it a go =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...